Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School Starts!

Today Anna and I, along with new missionaries Shawn and Deb Galyen and veteran missionary Ellen Cannon started language school! Due to an accident on the road, traffic was backed up for quite awhile and we were late for class. Everyone at the school was taking the placement test to see which class they would be in. The Test consists of 100 multiple choice questions (in Spanish) a short essay (in Spanish) and then an oral test where one of the instructors has a conversation with you in Spanish.

The good news is I was the first one to finish the exam! The bad news is I only knew one answer on the test (I think). I'll definitely be in the A1 class (beginning class). Anna did really well. She was one of the last ones finished and even had a conversation with one of the teachers.

Tomorrow we find out how we did and begin our classes. Well, the others will anyway. Today I found out that you have to register to pay sales tax on your car. The car dealer where we are getting our STL vehicle from tried to complete the transaction but could not do it because we had not registered to pay the sales tax (It never occurred to us that we had to!)

So tomorrow I get to play hooky and pay taxes... I think I'd rather be in school.

Prayer Points:
  • That we can get our STL car by Thursday so we can use it for our long trip to Tarragona, Spain where we will be having our Missions Orientation.
  • Our Attorney will be going to the Government offices tomorrow to straighten out our Visa problems. Her name is Silva, please pray that God will give her favor and wisdom.
  • That we can learn Spanish for God's glory (Especially me!).

No comments: